Revised: September 28, 2023
1. Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories and types of “Personal Information”:
- Contact Information: your first and last name, mailing address, email address, and phone number;
- Other identifying information: IP address, passwords and other security information for authentication and access;
- Financial Information: credit card, debit card and bank account information;
- Demographic information: gender and age;
- Geolocation data;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our Site and Services and which elements of our Site and Services you use the most;
- Commercial information: products purchased or viewed on our Site;
- Visual information: your photo; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
2. Sources of Personal Information
The ways in which we collect Personal Information about you include, but are not limited to, the following:
- We collect information directly from you. We collect contact and demographic information as well as payment information directly from you.
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of the Site or purchasing MobileX products or services, you must complete an online registration form or provide certain information to MobileX’s representatives. During registration (whether via the Site or otherwise), you will be prompted to provide to MobileX certain personal information, which may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address(es), phone number, port-in phone number, email address, and credit card number. This Personal Information is used for billing purposes, fulfilling your orders, and communicating with you about your order and the Site, and for marketing purposes. If MobileX encounters a problem when processing your order, we will use your Personal Information to contact you.
- User Submissions. Certain areas of the Site may permit you to enter your email address and other contact information to receive further information about MobileX or for other purposes. Your submissions for these purposes are completely voluntary, so you have a choice whether to participate and disclose information to MobileX. Should you choose to submit information in response to these requests, MobileX may collect and publish your name, email address, geographic location and other information collected by MobileX to market MobileX products and services and any other products and services offered by MobileX.
- We collect information from you passively. In addition to information that you volunteer as described above, we collect Internet or other electronic activity passively using tools like browser cookies. MobileX will use this information to improve the Site and user experience. In addition, the Site automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access the Site and may also log your Internet protocol (“IP”) address (which may indicate the location of your computer on the Internet), Internet service provider, and date/time stamp for system administration, order verification, marketing, and system troubleshooting purposes. This activity is further described in the Cookies and Advertising and Online Tracking sections below. In addition, we automatically receive certain types of information whenever you use our Services. We may collect information about your device such as the type, version of operating system, signal strength, and whether it is on and how it is functioning, as well as information about how you use the device and services available through it, such as your call and data usage and history, approximately where the device is physically located, websites you have visited, applications purchased, downloaded or used and other similar information.
3. How We Use Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for the following categories of use:
- Transactional Purposes: We use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Receive, process, confirm, send and track your order, subscription or registration;
- Communicate with you about your order, subscription or registration and the products or Services you have purchased from MobileX (including, but not limited to, the MobileX service); and
- Process any subscription or registration you make to one of our Services.
- Analytical Purposes: We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information, demographic information, and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes: We use your contact information, commercial information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, geolocation data, and inferences to:
- Inform you of our new products, services and offers;
- Provide you with targeted advertising;
- Run contests, promotions and sweepstakes; and
- Provide you with other information from and about our Company, including personalized marketing communications.
- Maintenance and Improvement of the Site and Services: We use your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Provide you with the Site and Services, including to send you alerts about your account;
- Handle your customer services requests; and
- Help us diagnose technical and service problems and administer our websites and apps.
- Review and content creation purposes: We use your contact information and commercial information to enable reviews of our products and Services and to display content that you have created and allowed us to display on our Site and Services and on social media.
- Security and Fraud Prevention: We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect the Site and Services, our Company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
- Location-Based Services: We use location information to route wireless communications and to provide 911 service, which allows emergency services to locate your general location. We may disclose, without your consent, the approximate location of a wireless device to a governmental entity or law enforcement authority when we are served with lawful process or reasonably believe there is an emergency involving risk of death or serious physical harm. Depending on your device, you may also be able to obtain a wide array of services based on the location of your device (for example, driving directions, enhanced 411 Directory Assistance or search results, etc.). These data services, known as location-based services (“LBS”) are made available by us and other entities, usually via applications. These applications and services use various location technologies (including Global Positioning Satellite (“GPS”), Assisted GPS (“AGPS”), cell ID and enhanced cell ID technologies) to identify the approximate location of a device, which is then used in conjunction with the application to enhance the user’s experience (for example, to provide driving directions, to provide enhanced 411 Directory Assistance or search results, etc.). LBS may, or may not, involve any interaction with or dependency on our supplier’s network, and LBS may or may not look to our network to obtain location data. Where our network supplier allows third parties the capability of accessing data about your location that is derived from our supplier’s network, our network supplier requires those third parties to observe specific privacy and security protections. It is important that you understand the location capabilities and settings of your device, and that you carefully read and understand the terms under which these services are provided – whether by us or another entity. You should carefully review the privacy policies and other terms of third parties with whom you have authorized the sharing of your location information, and you should consider the risks involved in disclosing your location information to other people. Where we provide a location-based service, you will receive notice of the location features of the service and collection of location data is with your consent. You will be provided options for managing when and how such information should be shared.
In the course of providing Services to you, we may collect and maintain certain information about the telecommunications services you buy from us and how you use them. This information is categorized by the federal government as Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”). CPNI includes the types of services you currently purchase, calling records, and related usage and billing information. Your telephone number, name, and address are not CPNI. We value our relationship with you and are committed to respecting and protecting your CPNI. Accordingly, we do not sell, trade, or share your CPNI except to affiliate companies and companies authorized to offer our products or services or to perform functions on our behalf, unless authorized by you or required by law.
Generally, we can use your CPNI to offer additional communications services to you, and for billing and collections purposes. We can also disclose your CPNI for legal or regulatory reasons, including in response to subpoenas and court orders. We can also use CPNI to investigate crime or fraud, and to prevent or remedy violations of our Terms and Conditions of Use, unlawful use of our network or services, or violations of the rights of our other customers. Your use of the Site or the Services indicates that we have your approval to provide your CPNI to our affiliated companies unless you tell us not to do so within thirty (30) days of your initial use of the Site or the Services. Such approval can be revoked at any time, and revoking your approval will not affect our provision of Services to you in any way. To provide notice that you decline to have your CPNI shared with affiliated companies, please e-mail us at personalData@myMobileX.com. Please be aware that we will process your request as quickly as we reasonably can, but it may not be possible to update our systems immediately.
5. Categories of Third Parties We Share Personal Information With
From time to time, we may establish a business relationship with other businesses we believe trustworthy and that have confirmed that their privacy practices are consistent with ours (“Service Providers”). For example, we may contract with Service Providers to provide certain services, such as hosting and maintenance, data storage and management, fulfillment services, and marketing and promotions. We only provide our Service Providers with the information necessary for them to perform these services on our behalf. Each Service Provider must agree to use reasonable security procedures and practices, appropriate to the nature of the information involved, in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Service Providers are prohibited from using Personal Information other than as specified by us.
We may share Personal Information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with our Company.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement
We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We may disclose Personal Information and any other information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties if, in our discretion, we believe it is necessary or appropriate in order to respond to legal requests (including court orders and subpoenas), to protect the safety, property, or rights of our company or of any third party, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to comply with the law.
We use Google Analytics on the Site and Services to analyze how users use the Site and Services, and to provide advertisements to you on other websites. For more information about how to opt out of having your information used by Google Analytics, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. We may also use other technologies, currently available or which may become available in the future, to provide us with other important anonymous information regarding the use of the Site.
7. Advertising and Online Tracking
8. Managing Your Information Preferences
You can review, correct, update, or change your Personal Information or opt out of receiving certain e-mails by changing the relevant settings in your account or by e-mailing us at personalData@myMobileX.com. You can also opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us by following the link provided at the bottom of all marketing e-mails you receive from us. You are able to opt out of receiving marketing e-mails from us, however, you cannot opt out of receiving all e-mails from us, such as e-mails about the status of your account or service-related emails. If you authorize text messaging, we will use your mobile number to communicate with you about your account and to send marketing text messages to you. If you decide that you no longer wish to receive text messages from MobileX that you had authorized, you may opt-out of receiving text messages by managing your account preferences on this Site or by any other reasonable opt-out method available to you.
9.Be Careful When You Share Information with Others
Please be aware that whenever you share information on any public area of the Site or Services, that information may be accessed by others. In addition, please remember that when you share information in any other communications with third parties, that information may be passed along or made public by others. This means that anyone with access to such information can potentially use it for any purpose, including sending unsolicited communications.
12. Children’s Privacy
California users under the age of 18 may request the removal of their content or information publicly posted on the Site or Services by e-mailing us at personalData@myMobileX.com. Please note that most of the user content that appears on our Site or Services is stored and controlled by third party providers; thus, complete and comprehensive removal of the content may not be possible.
13.Processing in the United States
Please be aware that your Personal Information and communications may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, or country. If you are located outside of the United States, please be advised that we process and store all information in the United States. The laws in the United States may not be as protective of your privacy as those in your location. By using the Site or Services, you are agreeing that the collection, use, transfer, and disclosure of your Personal Information and communications will be governed by the applicable laws in the United States.
14.Privacy Rights Under Certain State Privacy Laws
If you are a resident of California, Colorado, or Virginia, you may have certain privacy rights under the applicable privacy laws in your state (“State Privacy Laws”). This section generally describes those rights and how you can exercise them with our Company.
Right to Know Information
You can request what Personal Information we have collected about you.
You can request the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you. To submit a request for this information, please click here or send an email to personalData@myMobileX.com. You must use “Request to Know Information” in the subject line of your email.
Right to Know Categories of Information
You can also request the following categories of information:
- The categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- The categories of sources from which the Personal Information was collected.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we shared Personal Information.
To request these categories of information about you, please click here or send an email to personalData@myMobileX.com. You must use “Right to Know Categories” in the subject line of your email.
For all requests to know described above, you must provide us with your first name, last name, email address, and phone number. To verify your identity, we will match that information to the information we have on our systems. To designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must send a signed, written authorization containing your first name, last name, email address, and phone number to personalData@myMobileX.com. You must provide us with all of the information set forth above in any such request, including what request you are making.
Right to Deletion
You can also request that we delete your Personal Information. We may not delete all of your Personal Information if one of the following exceptions applies:
- Transactional: to complete a transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or perform a contract we have with you;
- Security: to detect data security incidents; preserve the integrity or security of systems; or investigate, report, or prosecute those responsible for any such action;
- Error Correction: to debug or repair any errors;
- Legal: to protect against fraud, harassment, malicious or deceptive activities, or illegal activity or to comply with applicable law or a legal obligation, or exercise rights under the law, such as the right to free speech; to assist another party with any of its obligations under applicable privacy laws, including State Privacy Laws;
- Internal Use: to use your Personal Information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information (i.e., to improve our Services); or
- As otherwise appropriate and permitted by applicable law (including State Privacy Laws).
We will also maintain a record of your requests under State Privacy Laws.
Please note that if we delete your Personal Information, many of our Services will not work the same. For example, your previous opt out requests will not be saved and saved preferences and information will no longer be available.
To submit a request to delete, please send an email to personalData@myMobileX.com. You must use “Request to Delete” in the subject line of your email. You must provide us with your first name, last name, email address, and phone number. To verify your identity, we will match that information to the information we have on our systems. To designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must send a signed, written authorization containing your first name, last name, email address, and phone number to personalData@myMobileX.com. You must provide us with all the information set forth above in any such request.
Right to Correct
You may also request that we correct certain inaccurate information that we have about you. To submit a request to correct, please click here. You can also send an email to personalData@myMobileX.com. You must provide us with your first name, last name, email address, and phone number and state what information you would like corrected. Failure to provide all of the foregoing information will prevent us from processing your request. To verify your identity, we will match that information to the information we have on our systems. To designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf you must send a signed, written authorization containing your first name, last name, email address, and phone number to personalData@myMobileX.com. You must provide us with all the information set forth above in any such request.
If you wish to make multiple requests under this section, we recommend sending the deletion request last, as we will not be able to fulfill your other requests once we have deleted your Personal Information.
Do Not Sell or Share/Use My Personal Information for Targeted Advertising
Personal Information that We Sell or Share/Use for Targeted Advertising
Under California law, “share” means disclosing your Personal Information by us to a third party for cross-context behavioral advertising, in exchange for money or anything else of value. Thus, when we use the term “share” under this section, we are using it in the narrow meaning of how it is defined under California law. Other State Privacy Laws do not use the term “share,” but describe the concept as using Personal Information for targeted advertising.
Under the laws of California and Colorado, “sell” means exchanging your Personal Information by us with a third party for money or anything else of value. Under Virginia law, “sell” is the exchange of Personal Information for money only.
We may sell or share/use for targeted advertising the following categories of Personal Information:
- Contact information;
- Other Identifying information;
- Characteristics of protected classifications under state and federal laws;
- Internet or other electronic activity;
- Commercial information; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitudes.
We may “sell” and/or share/use for targeted advertising this information to select partners and to digital advertising networks. We do not knowingly sell or share/use for targeted advertising the Personal Information of minors under the age of 16.
Right to Opt Out of Sale or Sharing/Using Your Information for Targeted Advertising
To opt out of offline selling or sharing, please click here. You can also email us at personalData@myMobileX.com to submit your request. You must use “Opt Out from Sale” in the subject line of your email and provide us with your full name and email address. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must send a signed, written authorization containing your first name, last name, email address, and phone number to personalData@myMobileX.com. You must provide us with all the information set forth above in any such request.
We do not “sell” or “share” Sensitive Personal Information (as defined under State Privacy Laws).
Right to Opt out of Profiling
If you are a resident of Colorado or Virginia, you have a right to opt out of any form of automated processing performed on Personal Information to evaluate, analyze or predict personal aspects related to your economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements (“Profiling”). To opt out of cookie-based or digital advertising-based Profiling, please follow the instructions detailed above. To opt out of Profiling that is not cookie-based or digital advertising-based, please click here or email personalData@myMobileX.com. You must provide us with your first name, last name, email address, and phone number and state that you would like to opt out of profiling. Failure to provide all of the foregoing information will prevent us from processing your request. To verify your identity, we will match that information to the information we have on our systems. In order to designate an authorized agent to act on your behalf, you must send a signed, written authorization containing your first name, last name, email address, and phone number to personalData@myMobileX.com. You must provide us with all the information set forth above in any such request.
Note that we will not be able to opt you out of Profiling where one of the following exceptions applies:
- Legal: to comply with applicable laws, rules or regulations; to comply with a civil, criminal, or regulatory inquiry, investigation, subpoena, or summons by governmental authorities; to cooperate with law enforcement; to investigate, exercise, prepare for or defend actual or anticipated legal claims; or to assist another party with any of its obligations under applicable laws;
- Security: to prevent, detect, protect against, or respond to security incidents, identity theft, fraud, harassment, or malicious, deceptive, or illegal activity; preserve the integrity or security of systems; or investigate, report, or prosecute those responsible for any such action;
- Improvement of Services/Internal use: to conduct internal research to improve, repair or develop products, services or technology;
- Transactional: to provide a service specifically requested by you; to complete a transaction with you or to complete a contract we have with you; and
- Public Interest: to protect your vital interests or those of another individual.
Sensitive Personal Information
We do not collect or process Sensitive Personal Information, as defined by California law, for inferring characteristics or use or disclose Sensitive Personal Information for purposes other than those permitted by law.
Right to Appeal
If you are a Virginia or Colorado resident and we were unable to fulfill your request, you may appeal our request by emailing us at personalData@myMobileX.com within fourteen days of our decision, including “Appeal Request” in the subject line, with a detailed reason for your appeal, as well as your state of residence.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under State Privacy Laws and we will not deny you goods or services, charge you a different price, or provide you with a lesser quality of goods or services if you exercise any of your rights under State Privacy Laws.
Notice to California Residents/Your California Privacy Rights
You may request that we not share your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes by sending us an email at personalData@myMobileX.com, clearly stating your request, including your name, mailing address, e-mail address and phone number.
Supplemental Notice to Nevada Residents/Your Nevada Privacy Rights
If you are a Nevada resident and would like to request to opt out from any sale (per Nev. Rev. Stat. 603A) of your Personal Information to anyone so that they can license or sell the Personal Information to others, please email personalData@myMobileX.com. Please title your email “Nevada Opt Out from Sale” and include your full name and the email address for the account you are contacting us about. Please only include one request per email message
From time to time, we may offer various financial incentives. The terms of any financial incentive will be presented to you at the time you sign up. You may withdraw from any of the financial incentives by contacting us at help@myMobileX.com or by unsubscribing to our email marketing by visiting our website. The value of your data is the value of the offer presented to you. We have calculated the value of the incentive by using the expense related to the offer.
17. Contact Us
If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at help@myMobileX.com.